To help motorists catch up on their car maintenance and avoid costly repairs, AAA Hawaii will offer free AAA Car Care Clinics at Lex Brodie’s Hilo and Kona locations. Pre-registration is required.
A visual under-the-hood inspection of belts, hoses, fluids, tire pressure and windshield wipers will be conducted. The AAA Battery Service will provide battery tests and a charging system test, according to AAA Hawaii Approved Auto Repair Specialist Avo Asdourian.
The Kona car care clinic will be on Saturday, Sept. 13, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Lex Brodie’s Kona, 75-5570 Kuakini Highway. The Hilo car care clinic will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 14 at Lex Brodie’s Hilo, 170 Wiwoole. Participants for either car care clinic must register in advance for the free event before 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, by calling Lex Brodie’s at (808) 895-4045. Light refreshments will be provided.
Lex Brodie’s is a AAA Approved Auto Repair facility certified by AAA Hawaii. It’s an independent business regularly inspected by AAA and it meets extremely stringent AAA standards to receive its designation.
“The economic slowdown caused many motorists to delay buying new cars, but they also were not investing in keeping their older vehicles maintained properly,” said Asdourian. “By coming to the free AAA Car Care Clinic, motorists can learn how a well-maintained vehicle can save them money, be more fuel-efficient and last longer.”
In addition, AAA Hawaii’s AAA Approved Auto Repair Program offers the following tips for motorists:
- Become familiar with your automobile’s maintenance schedule. This information is provided in the owner’s manual of your vehicle.
- Don’t wait for your car to break down to identify a repair shop and find a mechanic. Be proactive. Research places where you want to take your vehicle when it needs to be serviced. AAA Approved Auto Repair facilities have already been screened.
- Gathering recommendations and opinions from coworkers, friends and family can help you select a quality mechanic.
- Find out if the shop employs ASE certified automotive technicians that are experienced working on the type of car or truck you own.
- Communicate your vehicle’s “symptoms” effectively by using simple everyday language or demonstrating the problem during a test drive with the technician.
AAA Hawaii also will have a special booth on site with membership, insurance, and car care information, and giveaways available for visitors.